Margari Aziza , co-founder; dealing with manager, Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative
NbA Muslims Staff
The Muslim Anti Racism Collaborative (MuslimARC) was throwing their unique fifth yearly #BeingBlackandMuslim Twitter Townhall on 2/13 at 2 pm EST/ 7 pm GMT. Past city halls showcased a lot of information influencing white Muslim goes through around the world, like:
- low exposure on television, and being considered “less Muslim” due to their blackness;
- insights on identity, historical past, national politics, & growth;
- structural discrimination and procedures with marginalized ethnical minorities in Muslim-majority land internationally, and
- elevating knowledge in connection with unsafe by using “ab**d” to describe black color customers.
This year, the main focus associated with #BeingBlackandMuslim townhall are a party of the Black Muslim Atlantic, a concept created by organization’s co-founder and managing director Margari Aziza.
The Charcoal Muslim Atlantic pulls from Paul Gilroy’s Dark Atlantic. Aziza portrays the Ebony Muslim Atlantic as an undertaking of transnationalism through literary works, intellectual exchange, aesthetic & efficiency arts, and travel.
The charcoal Muslim Atlantic looks at last connectivity when Muslims from Africa, European countries, the Caribbean in addition to the Americas shared strategies and developed a distinctive and transcendent attitude. We are able to have a look at that wealth and history and glean it occurring these days on social websites, in which we are marketing, discussing and debating oneself. – Margari Aziza
Anchors for its Townhall shall be:
- Layla Abdullah-Poulos, history teacher, dealing with editor program, NbA Muslims
- Habeeb Akande, Islamic scholar, and author
- Mikel Aki’lah, poet
- Sakinah Kaiser, publisher, blogger and psychological state advocate
- Na’ima B. (más…)